Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A little of this, a little of that...

I have friends that update their blogs daily and it always sounds so put together and thought out. I really hope I get to that point! I follow blogs with wonderful decorating ideas, craft ideas that I know I can make. These are the ladies I look up to for my blog inspiration. But, for today, it's just plain Meggy.


I lost my Dad April 21. We loaded up our little family and headed for Missouri. I had two days worth of driving to reflect on a lot of things. I really didn't know him very much as a person, and I didn't realize that until it was too late. That ride made me re-evaluate my life. Before I was the friend you only called when you needed a shoulder to cry on, or someone to vent to. Not anymore. I have had a rough year, and the only shoulder I had was my husband. I'm done with that. I try not to be as critical of others as I was before (I'm still working on that)...


We celebrated our second wedding anniversary while we were in Missouri. I love my husband more today than I ever thought possible. I have so much to be thankful for.


The kiddo is doing some cool stuff now! He can pull up, and stand up. We don't think he is far from walking. He eats table food like a champ! At his last doctor's appointment he was about 23 pounds.


We celebrated my birthday over the weekend with a Haunted Pub Crawl through downtown Wilmington. It was more like a history tour, but it was still a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment